Last Updated: April 1, 2017
1. Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations.If you have any questions or concerns or complaints about our Policy or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please contact us at the following address or phone number:
Rainmaker Labs, Inc.
Attn: Michael Ferguson
1110 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94133
Attn: Michael Ferguson
1110 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94133
2. User Consent.By submitting Personal Data (as defined below) through our Site or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy and you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
3. A Note About Children.We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States.If you are a non U.S. user of the Site or Services, by providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Data may be processed for the purposes identified in the Policy. In addition, your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such transfer.
5. Types of Data We Collect.“Personal Data”means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.“Anonymous Data”means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to access the Services (“Account”).
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- When you connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. Except as noted in this Policy, we do not link this automatically-collected data to Personal Data.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others.If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database. As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with others you may know, including by offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we may access your address book, call log and SMS log, and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. Also, when you invite users to the Services, we will access your Address Book and we will import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to these users may from your e-mail address so that they know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
(e) Information Collected from Third Party Companies.We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use.In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account;
- identify you as a user of the Services;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback.We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with your Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to include in these blogs and forums.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data.We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Data.We disclose your Personal Data as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You.When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
(b) Users.We will share your Personal Data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
(c) Third Party Service Providers.We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
(d) Affiliates.We may share some or all of your Personal Data with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (“Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honor this Policy.
(e) Corporate Restructuring.We may share some or all of your Personal Data in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Data may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the Personal Data collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
(g) Disclosure to Third Party Companies.We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any Third Party Company for the Third Party Company’s own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of these Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
(h) Public Profile.Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made public, you must go to your profile settings and then to profile visibility. By default, your Profile is not for public viewing. Any other content you post to the Site is also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
8. Third Party Websites.Our Site may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site, and another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. This Policy does not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of your Personal Data after you click on links to such outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information.You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) De-Linking SNS.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., LinkedIn) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data.All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their Account (including any imported contacts) by editing their profile via the Services. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our practices regarding Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.